Introduction to the Corporation
WAICA Re is one of the fastest growing reinsurance companies in Africa. WAICA Re is head quartered in Freetown (Sierra Leone) and operates through five (5) Regional Offices namely Lagos (Nigeria), Accra (Ghana), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Tunis (Tunisia) and UAE (Dubai). It also has four (4) Subsidiary Companies namely, WAICA Re Zimbabwe Limited in Harare (Zimbabwe), WAICA Re Kenya in Nairobi (Kenya), an investments company namely WAICA Re Capital, Accra (Ghana) and WAICA Re (United Kingdom).
WAICA Re (Kenya) seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the position of Assistant Officer (Technical).
Job duties and responsibilities
- Analysis of business offers from clients to ensure that only good risks are accepted.
- Continuous follow up of technical statements, facultative slips and closings.
- Processing technical statements and facultative closings in the system.
- Timely analysis and validation of cliams to ensure that only the genuiune claims are paid within stipulated timelines.
- Maintaining cash call credit schedule, ledgers and following up outstanding cash call credits from cedants.
- Handling client queries within his/her portfolio with a response time within 24 hours.
- Following up on outstanding premium for assigned accounts.
- Updating and maintaining clients underwriting files in the system.
- Ensuring that treaty and facultative contracts are created accurately in the system.
- Continuous follow up on premiums debtors balances to adhere to the company credit management policy.
- Prepares reports prior to any marketing visit to ensure all clients'accounts are up to date.
- Ensure that all the deadlines in the performance of various duties and tasks set by management are met.
- Command of the Reinsurance system including but not limited to keeping records of businessoffered, declined, and accepted on SICs system.
- Run various underwriting/claims reports requested by Assistant Manager (Technical)/Senior Manager(Technical)for analysis.
- Assisting in reconciliations as may be required by cedants and brokers.
- Any other duty as may be called upon from time to time.
Qualifications & Competencies
- University degree in Commerce,Actuarial Science, or a business-related field.
- Intermediate professional qualification with the Chartered Insurance Institute, IIK or equivalent will be added advantage.
- Proficiency in analyzing financial data.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent interperosonal skills.
- A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you meet the requirements, you may submit your application with a detailed CV giving names of three referees, current remuneration and telephone numbers, by 22nd December 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Be Part of WAICA Re Culture and Discover a world of Opportunities
While we don't have any open roles right now, we're always on the lookout for talented people to join our ranks. Please feel free to send us your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com